Stem Cell Banking
Your stem cells can be isolated from a small sample adipose tissue or bone marrow. These stem cells are then culture expanded (multiplied) to obtain millions of cells and stored at extremely low temperatures for future use.
Why Bank Your Stem Cells
- Provides you peace of mind that you have healthy stem cells available to you for any future illness or injury.
- Adult stem cells can be obtained at any age, but just like all things stem cells age. This is why it is best to collect your stem cells now in order to preserve the maximum amount of healthy, young stem cells.
- Banking your stem cells prevents you from having to undergo another surgical tissue harvest in the future.
What Are Adipose Stem Cells & How Do They Work?
- Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSCs): Stem cells that exist in fat tissue.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs): A type of stem cell found in fat tissue, bone marrow, muscle, and other tissues that are pluripotent, which means they can differentiate into a variety of cell types like cartilage and bone.
- ADSCs reduce inflammation and can induce mature cartilage development, as shown in some studies.
- ADSCs promote tissue healing through local secretion of cytokines and growth factors which can serve to recruit stem cells from other tissues to the affected tissue to facilitate repair and healing.
What You Can Expect
If you decide stem cell banking is something you’d like to do, each one of our patients will meet with a physician. This is important for you and the physician to become more comfortable with each other and talk through any fears. When you do decide to go through with this process, you won’t even know it’s happening in the delivery room. Our expert physicians are trained to make this method go as smoothly as possible.
Did You Know
If you’re interested in stem cell banking, a physician at Stem Cell International would love to answer any of your questions! Get in touch with us today.